What is Nanotechnology?
Nanoscience or Nanotechnology refers to the frontier field of science and technology that seeks to integrate a wide range of research field in order to understand, control, and design the structure and property of matter on a nanometer-scale and/or build nanometer-sized devices.
KAIST Institute for NanoCentury was established from the very beginning to remove the barriers between different disciplines and foster true interdisciplinary collaboration and thereby pursue creative converging research that transcends any particular academic field.
- 01Reorganization of Core Research
[NT for Climate Change / NT for Healthcare / NT for Advanced Opto-Electronics]
- 10Center for Advanced Materials Discovery towards 3D Displays
Center for Advanced Battery Center
Hankooktire-KINC Collaborative Research
- 07Diagnostic System Team for Infections by Convergence Research Center (13 professors from 8 departments)
- 09NNFC-Drexel-KINC NT Program
- 01 Nature-inspired Technology Team of KINC (5 professors from 4 departments)
- 04 Graphene Research Center (GRC) of KINC (6 professors from 5 departments)
- 05 Opening of KI Building
- 09 Establishment of KINC Cleanroom
- 11 KINC-KCC Collaborative Research Program
- 06 Opening of KAIST Institutes
- 11 Opening of KAIST Institute for NanoCentury (KINC)
[Energy & Environment / Multi-functional Nanomaterials / Information & Communication / NanoBiotechnology]