KAIST has been in a leading position, both domestically and internationally in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Many professors in diverse fields have been produced outstanding research results in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Furthermore, Korea National NanoFab Center which is equipped with excellent facilities on nanotechnology is located in KAIST. Its the students here at KAIST are very much interested in nanoscience and nanotechnology as well, and we are offering an interdisciplinary degree program in nanotechnology to meet the demand.
KAIST Institute for NanoCentury was created with the mandate of fostering multidisciplinary research in nanoscience and nanotechnology, and will carry out such research by relying on a close collaboration between relevant industry and KAIST professors from many different department such as mechanical engineering, physics, bio and neuroscience, biology, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, aeronautical engineering, and chemistry with the goal of creating knowledge and technology needed for the future society. Through this, I expect KAIST Institute for NanoCentury to take the leap toward becoming a worldwide leading institute on nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Professor, Dept. of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, KAIST
- Adjunct professor, Dept. of chemistry, KAIST
- KAIST Chair Professor
- Director, KAIST Institute for NanoCentury
- Director, National Research Laboratory for Organic Opto-Electronic Materials
- Director, World Class University for Nanostructure based High Performance Biosensing Device
- Associate Editor, Macromolecular Research
- Committee Member of Samsung Future Technology